As the Hancock County Commissioner Webpage states,
(per M.R.S.A. Title 30-A Section 101)
the commissioners of each county shall:
- Receipts and expenditures. Examine, allow and settle accounts of the money of the county;
- Representation Represent the county;
- Manage property and business. Care for its property and manage its business;
- Convey real estate. By a recorded order, appoint an agent to convey its real estate;
- County ways. Lay out, alter or discontinue ways;
- Keep books and accounts. Keep their books and accounts on forms and in a manner approved by the Department of Audit;
- 6-A. Adopt ethics policy. In their discretion, the county commissioners may adopt an ethics policy governing the conduct of elected and appointed county officials
- Other duties. Perform all other duties required by the law.
I will be adding recipes for good government as my campaign evolves using these duties for key ingredients.